ACLS (Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support) is designed for Healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardio- pulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care, and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, and paramedics.
• Basic life support skills, including effective chest compressions, use of a bag-mask device, and use of an AED
• Recognition and early management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
• Recognition and early management of peri-arrest conditions such as
• Airway management
• Related pharmacology
• Management of ACS and stroke
• Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team